Options for Grooming Your Sensitive Private Parts
Although vaginal hair removal can be a very delicate topic, many women are looking for the best and most effective
method of grooming this highly sensitive area.
Whether it be a personal preference, a hygiene issue, a cultural thing or religious expectations, or just to look great in that new string bikini, everyone has their own reasons for wanting to remove pubic or vaginal hair. But, it's not quite the same as shaving your legs or underarms. The genital area has very tender skin that can be damaged easily and to make things worse, a thicker, coarser hair type than what is found on the rest of your body. So, it must be approached with a little more care.
There are various methods that can be used, but finding the one that is best for you will depend on the sensitivity of your skin, your comfort level, and how much hair you want removed.
There are advantages and disadvantages to every method, and it is important that you choose one that is appropriate for your needs.
Despite the growing popularity of other methods, shaving is still the most common way that women use for pubic hair removal. Although some people use a safety razor or a straight razor, it is recommended that you purchase an electric razor specifically designed for vaginal hair removal.
- Private, ideal for those who are self-conscious about uncovering this area for a clinician or esthetician.
- Short-term, hair grows back quickly and you will be left with an uncomfortable, itchy, stubbly feeling.
- Can cause nicks or cuts
- May cause irritations such as rashes
- Higher risk of ingrown hair
Waxing is another common way for removing pubic and vaginal hair. There are basically three types of waxing available for this area: Bikini, Brazilian, and Hollywood.
A Bikini wax removes the hair along the bikini line but usually leaves the vaginal hair alone. For this reason, many women choose to have a Brazilian wax.
The Brazilian wax became very popular during the 1980s when string bikinis entered the fashion scene.
This procedure removes all the hair from the pubic and genital area except for a small section on the front known as a “landing strip”. This piece can be left in the shape of a triangle, oval, heart, or whatever decoration the client desires.
A Hollywood wax is simply a Brazilian wax without the landing strip, leaving the area completely hair free.
For those who prefer waxing for hygiene purpose, choose the latter two.
- Removes all the hair, even that fluffy stuff between your buttocks
- Lasts 3-6 weeks, much longer than shaving
- Hair grows back softer, finer, and sparser
- Relatively inexpensive. While it is more expensive than shaving, waxing will give you longer lasting results at a lower cost than electrolysis or laser.
- Fast, the procedure can be completed in a matter of minutes.
- Very painful, especially for those with sensitive skin.
- Hair must be at least 1/4 inch long. You will have to let the hair grow out to this length before you can repeat the procedure.
- Risk of irritation, inflammation, or itchiness which could even lead to infection.
- Swelling or bleeding. The at the genital is very fragile and can be easily damaged.
- Not recommended for people with psoriasis or eczema because waxing could further aggravate these conditions.
- May need a doctor's approval if you have diabetes, if you are pregnant, or if you are taking certain medications such as birth control pills.
3. Depilatory Creams
Creams are a very common choice for cleaning up the area along the bikini line, but if they are going to be used for vaginal hair removal, it is important that you select a product that is safe for this purpose. Some brands contain harsh chemicals that are not appropriate for the delicate genital area. Make sure to read the warnings on the bottle before applying or you may end up regretting your decision.
- Quick and easy
- Risk of irritation, itching, burning, rashes
- Not appropriate for sensitive skin
- Not recommended for long-term use due to the harsh chemicals
If you don't want to repeatedly wax or shave, then laser hair removal can provide a more permanent solution. By actually destroying the hair follicles, you won't have to worry about the stubble, regrowth, or the continued expense of having this area re-treated every 4-6 weeks.
- Less painful than waxing. and in fact, some
- laser treatments are virtually painless
- Does not bleeding or tearing of the skin
- Works best on dark, coarse hair, hence,the ideal hair removal method for pubic and vaginal areas
- Relatively costlier, however you will not be spending a lot of money on the re-treatments often associated with other methods such as waxing or creams. Laser is usually a one time expense, and once you have achieved the desired results, you may only need occasional touch-ups.
- Time consuming
- Multiple sessions will be required to achieve desired results.
There are several methods for vaginal hair removal and the appropriate choice will depend on your personal preferences and needs. If you prefer the privacy of your own home, shaving or depilatory creams may be the best option for you; but, if you are looking for something more effective, visiting a salon for a Brazilian wax will deliver the results you are looking for. For a more permanent and less painful solution, laser treatments can provide you with a safe and long-lasting method of hair removal.
Still wondering which the best method is? Read more here:
Book a consultation today
To Know Several Methods for Vaginal Hair Removal!
Arrange a Consultation
One of our advisers will call you back shortly to arrange your consultation.