Salicylic Acid Skin Peels: How To Decrease Acne And Unclog Pores
Did you know that Salicylic acid skin peels can help to reduce acne and unclog pores? Salicylic acid is a type of Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA). It’s one of the most popular acids in skincare for its ability to penetrate deep into the pores, removing dead skin cells, unclogging pores and helps to decrease inflammation on the surface of the skin caused by pimples and acne.
We will go over how Salicylic acid peel treatment works, how they can help with acne breakouts, and what types of people are best suited for them.
How Does Salicylic Acid Peel Work?
A Salicylic Acid peel works by decreasing the production of oils and sebum in your skin. Salicylic acid can help break down oil build up on the surface of your skin which is a significant cause for acne breakouts.
When you use Salicylic acid, it removes dead skin cells that have built up over time and can clog up your pores. Salicylic acid also shrinks the size of enlarged skin cells and helps to stimulate new cell growth.
How Can Salicylic Acid Peel Help With Acne?
Salicylic Acid peels are a great way to help reduce acne breakouts. Salicylic acid will penetrate deep into the pores, cleaning them out of any impurities that may have been causing your skin issues.
It will also help decrease inflammation on the surface of your skin which is essential if you want a clear, smooth complexion. Salicylic acid peels can also help you maintain your skin’s natural pH and protect the tissue in your pores.
Salicylic Acid Peel Benefits
Salicylic Acid Peel Benefits
- Salicylic acid peels work by decreasing the production of oils and sebum in your skin
- It helps to unclog pores, which is a significant cause of acne breakouts
- It Will help to stimulate new cell growth
- Salicylic acid peel is an effective way to reduce acne breakouts
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves skin’s texture and clarity to rejuvenate the dull, tired complexion.
Risks And Side Effects Of Salicylic Acid Peel
Salicylic peels are mild to medium treatments that are considered to be safe when used properly. However, like any acid product, some side effects may occur, but the skin will usually fully recover within 3-7 days.
- Redness: Many people experience post-treatment redness; however, this usually subsides within a few hours.
- Burning or Itching: You may feel some stinging or itching when the peel is first applied. Salicylic acid peels are designed to penetrate through the top layer of skin so some mild discomfort may be experienced.
- Swelling: Salicylic acid has anti-inflammatory properties, which is one reason why it works so well on acne - but some light swelling may result, especially if you have very sensitive skin.
- Flaking or Peeling: Since the peel is designed to exfoliate the skin, mild flaking may last up to one week depending on the concentration of acid being used.
- Sensitivity to Sun: As with any chemical peel, your skin will be very sensitive to sunlight for a few days following the treatments. Stay indoors as much as possible and wear good quality sunscreen when you have to be outside.
- Breakouts and Purging: This acid will work to draw the fatty substances out of clogged pores. As this sebum is pulled closer to the surface of the skin, fresh breakouts may occur; however, this will subside with continued treatments.
- Pigmentation Changes: Although rare, some uneven skin tone or pigmentation may occur. Darker-skinned people are at a greater risk of experiencing this side effect.
- Scarring: Again, this is extremely rare, but some cases of post-treatment scarring have been reported.
Salicylic acid peels work by decreasing the production of oils and sebum in your skin. Salicylic acid helps to unclog pores, which is a major cause of acne breakouts.
Salicylic acid also shrinks the size of enlarged skin cells and stimulates new cell growth. Salicylic acid peel is an effective way to reduce acne breakouts Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
For more information about Salicylic acid skin peels or to book your consultation with one of our specialists, please get in touch with us at CoLaz.
Colaz Salicylic Peel Treatment
Book Your Consultation
1. The first Step is to Have a Consultation.
Before your treatment with Salicylic Peel, we will be happy to discuss your needs and recommend how peels can help. We’ll explain what to expect and answer any questions that you have about the treatment.
2. The Second Step is The Treatment.
Once you are happy to proceed, we will cleanse your skin, apply peel, and leave for the necessary time. Your clinician will remain with you throughout your treatment.
3. The Final Step Of Care Is Aftercare.
You may have slight redness, swelling after the procedure, but these can be gone in a few hours. The first 24 hours after treatment, we advise you to avoid touching the area and for the next 72 hours, avoid the following
- No exercise
- No alcohol
- No hot baths, showers or steam rooms
- No touching the face
- No makeup
- No painkillers containing aspirin
- No other skin treatments within the area
- The aftercare advice will be provided to you on the day of your treatment .
Cost Of Salicylic Peel
Frequently Asked Questions
You will begin to notice improvements after the first application; however, several treatments are usually required to see full results. Anywhere from four-ten repetitions may be necessary, which can be quite costly and time-consuming.
The number of peels needed will depend on the severity of the condition being treated, your skin type (oily, dry, or combination), and the potency of Salicylic acid being used. Treatments can usually be repeated every two-four weeks, but the duration should be determined by your skincare professional to ensure that your skin has adequate time to recover.
The number of peels needed will depend on the severity of the condition being treated, the responsiveness of your skin, and the potency of the acid being used.
Treatments can usually be repeated every 2-4 weeks, but your clinician will determine the duration to ensure that your skin has adequate time to recover.
Yes! Salicylic acid is one of many acne treatments that can help reduce acne breakouts, unclog pores and reduce the production of oils. Salicylic acid peels effectively treat mild acne and papules and pustules acne cases on oily skin types.
We grade acne up to grade 4 – superficial to medium peels can treat up to grade 3 – if you have severe cysts and nodules, you may need to see your GP or dermatologist first. We also recommend Acnelan treatment which may be more suitable – click here to read more
Arrange a Consultation
One of our advisers will call you back shortly to arrange your consultation.