What Is The Cause Of Hirsutism In Females
Facial hirsutism is a condition that often causes excessive hair growth in females. The cause of this type of excess facial and body hair for women can be from an overproduction by the ovaries or adrenal glands. Still, it may also come as a symptom due to other conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Facial hirsutism has been known to result when there's too much testosterone present in some people. It typically starts on the upper lip and then spreads down into the chin area, neckline, chest line etc., depending on how extreme your case is.
You might find yourself trying everything under the sun just because you're desperate enough at getting rid of these unwanted hairs.
Signs And Symptoms Of Hirsutism
Symptoms may include unwanted hair on the upper lip, chin, chest, abdomen, and other body parts, including the face.
Some hirsutism women experience acne due to increased levels of testosterone in their system, which can lead to higher oil production and skin irritation from shaving.
Facial hirsutism can be avoided with laser hair removal treatments specifically designed to remove facial hair safely and effectively.
Treatments For Hirsutism In Women
- The underlying cause will have an impact on treatment and management. An endocrinologist and a gynaecologist are specialist doctors who specialize in hormone disorders.
- Drugs to block androgens.
- Reducing your body's ability to make androgens is achieved by taking anti-androgen medications.
- The oral contraceptive pill is used to block the production of androgens.
- If there is hyperinsulinaemia, the medications may be used to treat it.
- There is the surgical removal of tumors.
- Six months of treatment with the oral contraceptive pill is enough to reduce excess hair growth.
Tips To Reduce The Appearance Of Unwanted Body Hair
- Reduce hirsutism with laser hair removal
- Bleaching agents such as hydroquinone and azelaic acid help to reduce the appearance of unwanted body hair.
- Shaving creates ingrown hairs, which may lead to skin irritation, so it's best to use a depilatory cream, waxing or laser treatment instead.
- Avoid hirsutism with makeup such as a foundation designed for reducing the appearance of facial hair.
- Electrolysis hair removal is a permanent solution for hirsutism in women. It's highly effective and will reduce the appearance of unwanted body hirsutism permanently by destroying individual hairs that grow from under the skin with an electric current.
Hirsutism is an excess amount of hirsutism that results in excessive hair growth. The causes and symptoms are different for everyone, so it's important to talk with your doctor or a specialist before considering any treatment options.
We hope this information has helped you understand hirsutism more and what steps might be helpful when trying to reduce the appearance of unwanted body hairs due to hirsutism.
Laser hair removal treatments can offer one safe way to reduce facial hair without the risk of side effects.
If you're still not sure about which type of laser hair removal technique would work best for you, give us a call or schedule a free consultation, and one of our experienced technicians will be happy to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
A group of hormones may cause excess hair. Both men and women manufacture androgens. The chemicals play a part in the development of male characteristics.
Polycystic ovary syndrome is one of the leading causes of hirsutism in premenopausal women.
Being overweight can cause hirsutism. After menopause, getting older can lead to more hair being combed. There is no apparent cause for about 25% of women.
Arrange a Consultation
One of our advisers will call you back shortly to arrange your consultation.