Thinking of Bikini Wax? CoLaz Brings You the Best Services
If you wish to be clean down there, Bikini Waxing is one of the best options to go for. CoLaz offers the best services in all kinds of waxing for bikini, bikini line, Brazilian and Hollywood. With the best of products and beauty practices, we ensure that you experience a pleasant waxing treatment.
However, if it is the first time for you and if you are still swimming in the seas of doubt and confusion, here is what we wish to convey to you.
Is Bikini Waxing Painful?
We all know waxing can be painful. But CoLaz has fully trained therapists who will make you feel as comfortable as possible. Also, here's a little tip . . . taking a painkiller 20 minutes before waxing can help reduce the pain you feel.
However, each woman’s pain threshold is different. Seriously, some of our clients have screamed the place down while undergoing a Brazilian or Hollywood bikini wax. On the other hand, some of my female clients appear to have an amazingly high threshold of pain; they just lie there during the procedure feeling absolutely no pain.
Regardless of your particular situation, it's important that you feel very comfortable and relaxed at whichever salon you choose.
CoLaz Offers All Kinds of Bikini Waxing
There are three popular types.
Brazilian Bikini Waxing
A Brazilian bikini wax generally refers to the removal of hair from private parts of your body including the pubic region front and back. It has become so popular that both men and women have embraced the procedure.
There are still some people who have confused bikini waxing with Brazilian waxing but there is a big difference between the two. A bikini wax actually has several categories.
Brazilian waxing involves removing almost all of the pubic hair from your pubic area. A thin strip of pubic hair above the vulva, referred to as the "landing strip" is all that remains.
My advice is to ensure that the hair you want removed is approximately one-quarter of an inch long. Shorter hair may not hold well and longer hair may be more painful than usual. This procedure takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes to perform and lasts two to four weeks. Thus, it requires monthly maintenance.
The truth is that a Brazilian bikini is usually very painful for most women. Hence, I strongly recommend that you take some sort of painkiller one hour prior, especially if you have a low pain threshold.
Hollywood Bikini Waxing
This procedure involves removing all of your pubic hair from the front and middle, all the way to the back by your rear. In other words, you won't have any genital hair left. This is sometimes called a "Full Brazilian" and it's the most popular treatment at CoLaz . The cost is approximately £20 and around £40 if you choose to have the hot wax treatment. The hot wax delays hair re-growth.
Whichever type of waxing treatment you decide to have, it will take an average of 4 weeks for your hair to re-grow. The cycle will then begin again unless you choose a more permanent solution such as pain-free laser hair removal.
Bikini Line Waxing
This is the least extreme form. All pubic hair covered by the bikini is left in place. Only straggling hairs on either side are removed, so that none are visible when you wear a bikini with high-cut sides. A basic bikini wax typically removes only the hair that is visible outside your panty line. This creates a clean, triangle shape result.
Some Important Bikini Waxing Tips
- First and one of the most important thing to do prior to having a bikini wax or any type of waxing procedure, is to test it to a small area of your skin first before doing it on large areas. This can prevent your skin from side-effects such as too much redness due to irritation and burned skin.
- Another important thing to avoid is to undergo a wax treatment a week before and after your menstrual period as it can cause you extra skin sensitivity. Also, most clinics do not recommend getting a bikini wax even after a few days of your period for sanitary reasons.
- Also bear in mind some of the most common health precautionary measures regarding waxing procedure. Most specialists do not recommend people that have diabetes, varicose veins, and other case that is associated with poor blood circulation, weak or broken blood vessels or if you are taking blood thinning drugs.
- Avoid too much caffeine or alcohol intake prior to your waxing treatment as this may affect your sensitivity and pain reliever medicine usually doesn't effect. And this can make you more prone to bikini waxing pain.
- Check your skin down there and make sure it doesn't have any cuts and it is not irritated.
- NEVER have bikini wax or any type of waxing procedure for that matter if you are pregnant.
There are tons of tips that you can find before you have your full Brazilian wax treatment. Remember it is always "Better safe than sorry". As the saying goes, "Knowledge is Power" therefore it is always smart to ask your specialist for the do's and don'ts of Full Brazilian Waxing. For more information and to book a free consultation, contact your nearest CoLaz clinic today.