Accidental eyebrow removal
Exactly one month on from our wedding, I woke up early and decided to make a pancake breakfast for my lovely hubby. He loves breakfast in bed and I love to treat him with romantic surprises. Yawning, stretching and shuffling downstairs in my dressing gown and slippers, I put on the griddle to warm up, mixed the batter and drizzled on a generous helping.
I noticed after a while that the first pancake didn't appear to be cooking, and when kneeling down and glancing underneath the griddle I was surprised to see no flame. I realised I'd forgotten to ignite the gas.
Absent-mindedly I pressed the ignition, and a burst of flame singed off BOTH my eyebrows, my eyelashes and my hairline! I ran to the mirror and to my horror I looked almost alien with my burnt eyebrows.
The smell was overpowering and my skin was tingling. I combed them with a clean mascara brush to remove the burnt crisps and tried to fill in the gaps with a pencil. I love having perfect hair and eyebrows and I was still keep to impress my new husband.
I was almost in tears, and on the verge of laughter too. I looked awful and yet I couldn't help giggling. I eventually made it back to the kitchen to finish my pancakes and piled them up on a plate. I continually checked my poor face in the back of a big spoon, I looked an absolute state. I loaded a tray with the plate of pancakes, a pat of butter and a little jug of syrup to distract him so he wouldn't look at my frazzled face.
My husband noticed immediately and almost choked on his breakfast when I told him how it happened. He still laughs about it to this day.
Click here to post comments
Return to Laser Hair Removal Giveaway!.
An Exclusive Gift Voucher Offer!!
Join our e-mail alerts for exclusive
offers to subscribers ONLY!
Be the first to know about new services, exclusive offers,
expert advice and much more.
Plus, receive a FREE £25 off on all course booked at CoLaz